The University of Fort Hare (UFH) Admission Requirements 2022… All UFH Prospective Students who wish to study in any faculty that UFH offers are expected to check the Minimum Entry Requirements for courses.
UFH Admission Requirements, UFH Courses and Requirements, UFH Application Requirements
The Management of the University of Fort Hare (UFH) has stated that all Applicants are to take notes of these Admission Requirements before Applying for Admission.
Check UFH Admission Requirements Before Applying
All applicants starting a new qualification must upload all the required documents, which generally consists of the following:
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID / passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
University of Fort Hare (UFH) Admission Requirements 2022
Below are the University of Fort Hare 2022 Admission Requirements. Applicants are to read carefully before they put in an application.
Before applying applicants must meet up with the University of Fort Hare Admission Requirements listed below.
Here is UFH Admission Requirements 2022
UFH ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR BACHELOR’S DEGREES
• Minimum of level 4 in English 1st Additional Language or
• Minimum of level 3 in English Home Language.
• Minimum of Level 4 or better in four 20-credit subjects from the designated list, excluding Life Orientation.
Admission Requirements for Mature Age Applicants
Mature age applicants (turning 23 years during year of registration), who have met the requirements in bullets 1 – 3 above, qualify for admission to main stream programmes. They need to apply for conditional exemption from HESA.
Applicants who wish to enroll for a degree programme need to ensure that four of their seven subjects are from the designated list.
Senior Certificate (pre-2008)
A candidate is expected to possess a minimum level of proficiency in English language. A pass mark of at least E symbol on SG is considered to be sufficient. A pass mark of at least an F symbol on HG English 1st language is also considered to be sufficient.
A Matriculation Exemption or Further Education and Training Certificate.
A standard qualification to study for a degree is a Matriculation endorsement or equivalent.
How to calculate your minimum admission point score (APS)
ARE YOU A INTERNATIONAL APPLICANT WITH FOREIGN SCHOOL-LEAVING?
All applicants with non-South African School-leaving require a certificate of exemption from the Matriculation Board of South Africa for admission into an undergraduate qualification. For more information regarding the Matriculation Exemptions please visit the Matriculation Board website on www.he-enrol.ac.za
The University of Fort Hare will also submit applications to the Matriculation Board on behalf of the applicant on submission of the following:
Form M30E (also available from the matriculation board website); Copies of educational qualification (certified at the University); Copy of Passport or birth certificate (certified at the University);
Exemption application fee charged at R400.00 (payable at the University); and
Sworn English translation of documents required where applicable.
All applicants with non-South African qualifications are required to have their qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). For more information regarding evaluation of qualifications please visit the SAQA website: www.saqa.org.za
Student selection and admissions process
1. Students receive application forms from the Students Registration Office through the post/contact.
2. These are completed and returned to the Students Registration Office and get sorted per-Faculty.
3. Then the faculty selection committee (Deputy Dean: Teaching and Learning, Faculty Manager, HODs and Administrators) convenes to do the selection.
4. Admission is done on merit, using the Swedish point system.High scores are considered first in chronological order
For interview programmes students are invited for presentations prior to selection.The current matrics are provisionally accepted pending their matric final results and availability for admission into programmes, plus NBT results.The application forms are checked and signed by the Faculty Manager according to the admission status. Once the forms are signed, they are given back to the Students Registration Office to capture the status which is then communicated to the students as backup. The Faculty keeps records of the accepted students as backup. Wait-listed students are considered after the registration of accepted students. Accepted students get notification from the Students Registration Office.
Alice Campus Tel.: 040 602 2016 / 2053/ 2122/ 2174/ 2281
East London Campus Tel.: 043 704 7155 / 7266 / 7004 / 7139