Late Applications For Matric Rewrites Now Open
The Department of Basic Education has announced that late applications for the Second Chance Matric Programme is now open. The Second Chance Matric Programme gives you the opportunity to rewrite your exams should you not have been satisfied with your initial results.
Late applications for Matric rewrites through the Second Chance Matric Programme have now opened.
Applications will close on 31 March.
You will have until the end of the day on 31 March to register if you want to grab a second chance opportunity to write your Matric exams.
The following opportunities to rewrite exist:
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) supplementary exams
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) progressed learners (learners who wrote the NSC the previous year but did not sit for all 6 subjects)
- Part-time NSC candidates (learners who attempted the NSC examinations post 2015)
You can can register online here to rewrite or visit the district office and complete a form there.
These exams will take place in May/June.
You can also register at your nearest district office.
To be registered you will need to submit the following:
- Completed registration form
- A certified copy of your ID document or birth certificate or passport (foreign candidates)
- Repeater candidates must attach a copy of their previous highest qualification
- If you have you entered and wrote any other Grade 12 or equivalent examination before you will need to supply the examination numbers for those exams.